How do I manually download and install Java for my Windows computer?
This article applies to:
To Set Up Your Google Mail Web Server E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- Platform(s): Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP
- Java version(s): 7.0
The procedure to install Java broadly consists of:
- 1. Download and Install
- Test Installation
Note: Installing Java requires that you can gain administrator access to Windows on your computer.
Download and Install
It is recommended, before you proceed with online installation you may want to disable your Internet firewall. In some cases the default firewall
settings are set to reject all automatic or online installations such as the Java online installation. If the firewall is not configured appropriately it may stall the download/install operation of Java under certain conditions. Refer to your specific Internet firewall manual for instructions on how to disable your Internet Firewall.
- Go to the Manual download page
- Click on Windows Online
The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the download file
- To run the installer, click Run.
- To save the file for later installation, click Save.
- Choose the folder location and save the file to your local system.
- Tip: Save the file to a known location on your computer, for example, to your desktop.
- Double-click on the saved file to start the installation process.
The installation process starts. Click the Install button to accept the license terms and to continue with the installation.
Oracle has partnered with companies that offer various products. The installer may present you with option to install these programs when you install Java. After ensuring that the desired programs are selected, click the Next button to continue the installation.
A few brief dialogs confirm the last steps of the installation process; click Close on the last dialog. This will complete Java installation process.